Hello there! Do you want to become a TheShirtCollar writer? Well done!
We are always looking for new authors, so if you’ve got an interesting idea that will inspire our readers, we want to hear about it. You don’t need to wait for that amazingly unique idea that will revolutionize the world of fashion. Just bring a fresh view about something readers want to learn more about it.
Here are some important things you need to know…
What are the benefits of writing for TheShirtCollar?
Writing for us can be quite rewarding. Once you are accepted, we will be sure to extensively share your featured article on social media. You also get the chance to receive extensive feedback from our editorial team, and you will work closely with one of our editors on revisions.
It’s also very rewarding to be published on our website. Thousands of your readers (and potential employers and clients) will read your work, and you’ll also learn a lot in the process—about communicating your ideas, about writing, and even about the topic you thought you already knew so well when you started.
What type of content TheShirtCollar is looking for?
You are welcome to submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or even a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your idea for the article and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. Quite obviously, the more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
For an article you’ve already written it must be:
- Accurate and factual: This is the #1 most important rule for our site. If what you submit isn’t factual, and is not well researched, it won’t get accepted.
- Educational and entertaining: it should bring something interesting, a historical event, or the like, while not reading like a dictionary.
- Written by you, and you alone, with none of it plagiarized from somewhere else. Note that we always double check this before accepting an article.
- It’s fresh content, that has never been published elsewhere, on the web, or in any other form of Not published elsewhere on the web.
For an article pitch, please include:
- The interesting topic you’ll be covering and what angle you plan to take.
- The title you think would work best for the article. We might make suggestions for a change in title.
- A rough estimate of what you think the length of the article will be.
- Any relevant information about yourself and your experience level. If you are on Twitter, send us your Twitter handle.
IMPORTANT: We will not accept typical guest posts with shallow content made just for the purpose of getting a backlink. Please, only submit your pitch if you are genuinely interested in writing original articles for our website. All unauthentic submissions are going to be ignored.
What TheShirtCollar Require from You? (or Do You Qualify?)
You don’t have much experience in writing, so don’t be shy, we will be glad to help you develop and grown your skills.
TheShirtCollar is a place where you will find a very welcoming community, as we like to help each other a lot, but in order to maintain our website to a higher level of quality, we have a few essential requirements for your article submissions. Essentially, that helps to keep our website filled with high-quality content, and ultimately that also benefits you.
So, before you submit your articles, please take the time to make sure you are writing in accordance with our requirements.
- Articles must have original content that has never been published elsewhere.
- Articles must have a minimum of 500-800 words in length.
- Articles must be free of grammar, spelling and other types of writing mistakes.
- Articles must not contain any kind of affiliate links.
- Articles must be interesting, informative and nice to read.
You must agree that our editorial team will reserve the right to freely edit your article to ensure it is in line with TheShirtCollar editorial line.
Are you ready to become a TheShirtCollar Writer?
Did you read and understood all the above? Great! Submit your article to our editor-in-chief and we will get back to you at the drop of a hat.