Hello there! Do you want to become a contributor? Well done, you are in the right place!
We are a new publication, and we are on the look for new authors. If you’ve got an interesting idea that will inspire our readers, we want to hear about it. You don’t need to wait for that amazingly unique insight that will revolutionize the world, just bring a fresh view about something you believe our readers might want to read.
Here are some important things you need to know…
What are the benefits of writing for The Shirt Collar?
Writing for us can be quite rewarding. Once you are accepted, we will be sure to extensively promote your featured article on social media. You also get the chance to receive feedback from our editorial team, and you will work closely with one of our editors on revisions.
It’s also very rewarding to be published on our website. Thousands of your readers (and potential employers and clients) will read your work, and you’ll also learn a lot in the process—about communicating your ideas, about writing, and even about the topic you thought you already knew so well when you started.
What type of content The Shirt Collar is looking for?
You are welcome to submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or even a short pitch on pretty much about anything you would like to write about. Quite obviously, we will not accept every single pitch, as we need to make sure it is aligned with The Shirt Collar’s mission.
Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
For an article you’ve already written it must be:
- Accurate and factual: This is the #1 rule for our site. We are not in the business of spreading lies, so statements of fact must be backed by sources.
- Educational and entertaining: If you are covering educational topics, such as a historical event, make it also entertaining, so it doesn’t read like a dictionary.
- Written by you, and you alone, with none of it plagiarized from somewhere else. Note that we always double check this before accepting an article.
- It’s fresh content, that has never been published elsewhere, on the web, or in any other form of printed media.
For an article pitch, please include:
- The topic you would like to cover and what angle you plan to take.
- The title you think would work best for the article. We might make suggestions for a change in title.
- A rough estimate of what you think the length of the article will be.
- Any relevant information about yourself and your experience level. If you are on Twitter, send us your Twitter handle.
IMPORTANT: We will not accept typical guest posts with shallow content made just for the purpose of getting a backlink. Please, only submit your pitch if you are genuinely interested in writing original articles for our website. All unauthentic submissions are going to be ignored.
What do We Want from you? or Do You Qualify?
If you don’t have much experience in writing, don’t be shy, we will be glad to help you develop and grown your skills.
The Shirt Collar is a place where you will find a welcoming community. We like to help each other a lot, but in order to maintain our website to a higher level of quality, we have a few essential requirements for your article submissions. Essentially, that helps us to keep the quality of our website, and it benefits you for being part of The Shirt Collar.
Before you submit your articles, please take the time to make sure you are writing in accordance with our requirements.
- Original content that has never been published elsewhere.
- A minimum of 500 words in length.
- Free of grammar, spelling and other types of writing mistakes.
- Does not contain any kind of affiliate links.
- Interesting, informative, and nice to read.
You must agree that our editorial team will reserve the right to freely edit your article to ensure it is in line with The Shirt Collar editorial guideline.
We are aiming to become a well-known and respected online publication, and if you take part, you could become part of our story.
Are You Ready to contribute to The Shirt Collar?
Excellent, but hold your horses, you should carefully read our editorial guidelines before submitting your work. These guidelines are going to help you write an article that is in line with what we are looking for and, ultimately, increases your chances of being published on The Shirt Collar.
Did you read and understood all the above? Did you read our editorial guidelines? Great, you are a champ!
Now, all you have to do is to submit your post to our editor-in-chief. We will get back to you at the drop of a hat.